Keeping you up-to-date with technologies specially with your respective technology is a very extensive requirement of our day-to-day life. We need to know what is happening, what is released, and if we are not able to get the information directly we need Someone/Something who/which can help us to get latest updates. Here someone could be the person who is keeping him up-to-date and doing blogging to help others to keep them up-to-date :), and something could be the technology that we can use to get updates from blogs, news, forums etc.. so what is that ?? the answer is RSS. RSS helps to easily stay informed by retrieving the latest content from the sites.
In this post we are going to explain how we can create RSS feed dashboard in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 using free widgets available. Let’s consider we want to get RSS feeds from
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team Blog
- HIMBAPInfo Twitter Feeds
- Dynamics News
- Microsoft Dynamics Forum
We are going to use free widget from http://feed.mikle.com/ for demo purpose. Following are the high level steps to create our RSS feed dashboard
- Get RSS Feed URL for respective website
- Create widget
- Get sample code
- Create web resource in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013
- Place web resource in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 dashboard
So let’s create our first web resource to get RSS feeds from Microsoft Dynamics CRM team blog, following are the steps to get widget code and place it in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
- Browse http://feed.mikle.com
- Paste http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/rss.aspx under Feed URL
- Do changes under General and copy code
- Browse Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Application
- Navigate Settings | Customizations | Customize the System
- Click New under Components | Web Resources
- Use following properties
- Name : MicrosoftDynamicsCRMTeamBlog.html
- Display Name : MicrosoftDynamicsCRMTeamBlog.html
- Type : Webpages(HTML)
- Click on Text Editor and past the code that we copied from web site under Source Tab
- Save and Publish your changes
- Click on Preview we should be able to see Microsoft Dynamics CRM Team blog rss feeds like below
Stay tuned for next post, in next post we will show how we can get Twitter RSS feeds and use it in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
HIMBAP | Need any help in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Contact US !!
Pingback: Creating RSS Feed Dashboard in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013: Part 2 | HIMBAP
Pingback: Creating RSS Feed Dashboard in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013: Part 3 | HIMBAP
Pingback: Creating RSS Feed Dashboard in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013: Part 3 - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community