Requirement: We need to show/hide survey question based on the selection in previous question. In this article we are going to share steps to implement same.
Solution: While working on survey we want make it responsive as much as possible based on the question inputs. Let say we are creating a survey for training program and we want to implement following logic in our survey:
Above logic can be implemented using response routing rules in voice of the customer, we can using following steps:
If you are new to Voice of the Customer, please refer our earlier article Getting started with Voice of the Customer
1. Create a survey by navigating New under Voice of the Customer -> Survey.
2. Enter basic details about our survey.
3. Let’s use two single response question and change their label like following
4. Click on edit button for second question and make sure to set visibility as “Do Not Display” under Layout option.
Now our question are ready, so let’s setup client side response routing.
5. Click on the drop down next to your survey name and select Response Routings:
6. Click on Add New Response Routing and enter name and hit save button.
7. Click on + sign under Condition sub grid to add new Response Condition Record.
8. Provide name for condition and fill details under check like following and hit save and close.
9. Now click on + sign under Action sub grid to add Response Action record.
10. Fill Client under scope drop down and fill following details under Client and hit save and close:
11. Click on + sign under Otherwise sub grid to add response record for else part to hide question in case CRM selection is removed. Fill name and use following options under client and hit save and close:
Now click on preview command button on survey form and we should be able to see our question while CRM is selected like following
And when any other training is selected CRM training question will be hidden like following:
Pingback: Using Client Side Response Routing in Voice of the Customer - Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community