Recently we started getting error in CRM to BC integration where we have used SSIS Integration toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics 365 from KingswaySoft and we have hosted this in Azure Data Factory. We were getting following error:
“OperationErrorMessages”: “2/9/2021 7:33:27 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: Dynamics CRM Destination.Inputs[Input].Columns[invoiceid] has lineage ID 1611 that was not previously used in the Data Flow task.\r\n\n2/9/2021 7:33:27 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: \”Dynamics CRM Destination\” failed validation and returned validation status \”VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA\”.\r\n\n2/9/2021 7:33:27 AM +00:00 : Data Flow Task:Error: One or more component failed validation.\r\n\n”,
“effectiveIntegrationRuntime”: “KingswaySSIS (North Europe)”,
While troubleshooting we found this type of error mostly comes when there is any metadata changes, so we updated all the packages to make sure they are using latest metadata from entity and rechecked all the mapping between CRM and BC. There are no error reported in the data flow for the mapping earlier but still remapped all field but that did not work. Another step was to recreate package but that also did not help. While troubleshooting we notices that while running packages from VS it was working fine all the data was integrated correctly without any issue but we were getting same error again after deploying to Azure.
The next step was to remove some data flow and check on which particular data flow it was failing. While doing further troubleshooting, we deleted data flow which as updating data into CRM field and only tried with the data flow which as transferring data from CRM to BC. After doing these changes we found that data was following correctly to BC from VS so we deployed latest packages to Azure and executed trigger there as well to see if data following correctly or not, and it Worked!. Now from kingswaySoft toolkit point of view now we were only using KingswaySoft’s Dynamics 365 Source component and NAV destination componemten, which was responsible to fetch data from CRM in our and pass it to BC. Now next step was to use another component which was CRM destination component. But as soon as we added Dynamics 365 Destination component we started getting error.
We discussed our issue with kignwaySoft team and finally we were able to resolve this issue with the help of KingswaySoft team by updating our KingswaySoft toolkit in development machine and KingswaySoft Azure Runtime to latest release.
We solved this issue by trying different things which also helped us to narrow down this issue specific to Dynamics 365 Destination component.
Hope it will help someone!
Keep learning, Keep sharing !!